Saturday 26 May 2012

British Tea - Start Your Local Voting Blocs

For those who saw it, I made a plea for a grassroots movement akin to the The Tea Party in the US.  What I'm effect calling for is for the creation of local voting blocs because my view is (among other things) is that this is where the change begins and where people who genuinely want to see this Nation and its people thrive need to become organised.

I talked about the Tea Party movement.

My call however was not for someone to start a national Tea Party Movement (#BritishTea).  Far from it.  That is too large a job.  All I was calling for was for people to start their own local voting blocs in their area.  It doesn't have to be a roaring success from day one - nothing worthwhile ever is.  It just needs starting.  One person membership is enough for day one.  All you need to do is have a determination to start it.  Someone just needs to be that person in an area.  I can't shout it loudly enough that the first stage is such a simple one that just has to be a determination to start it, simply because you know something much better than what we have now is possible.

Who is that person - well it's you.  If you've ever found yourself moaning at the TV - it's you! If you've ever found yourself shaking your head at a newspaper story about politics - it's you! If you've ever looked around Britain and found yourself wondering what went wrong - it's you!

This time it is all about you.

Don't worry about where you're going to go from here so that you can make a difference - I'm going to try and help you with that.  I know you're alone right now or at least you feel that way.  I'm going to add more on this to try to help you.  It feels enormous, I know.  That's why I'm trying to keep this in small manageable steps as far as possible.

All you need to do right now:


  • Decide you'll start it in your constituency- even if you intend for someone else to take over long term
  • Bookmark this site so you can come back or subscribe to it.
  • If you don't have one - get a Twitter account and follow me @restoregb
  • Stay informed - those bloggers over on the right of this page are a great place to start

1 comment:

  1. This needs to be looked at. I'll link now and come back - maybe some sort of awareness campaign can be got up.

    ReplyDelete